Thursday, March 11, 2010

how to survive in the woods

In this part of the book I learned alot about plants. I learned how you can tell if they are edible or not. I also learned how to make birch syrup with a knife and a home made cup. The cup is made from birch bark. I also learned alot about fish. I learned that fish isnt the healthiest thing to eat if that is all you have. You are better off trying to hike out.

I thought these were some good things to know. It is great if you are lost in the woods and you know these things. Then at least you have something to eat. It is great to know what you can and cant eat. I would be glad to know that you can make syrup out of birch sap if I was lost.

This part of the book was great. I hope it keeps giving tips about what to do when you are lost. I also hope it starts to talk about keeping warm and dry. I have liked this book so far and I hope it keeps me interested.

What would you do if you were lost?

1 comment:

  1. If I were lost the first thing I would try to do is remember land marks but that would probably not do anything for me except maybe getting me more lost and confused than I already was. Anyway your book sounds realy interesting and useful in real life. Ummmmm...well I hope you like the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete