Sunday, March 14, 2010

How To Survive In the Woods

This was a very good part of the book. I learned what water living things were edible. I also learned how to cook them. I learned a lot (notice Mr. Kirker there is a space between a and lot) about how to catch fish. Sometimes if you are lost you have a fishing pole so you can use that but sometimes your not that lucky. You can take any flexible wood and attach a peice of cloth to it for a fishing pole. It is also very easy to make lures and hooks. You can carve one out of wood and use stones or metal for barbs. But you have to have something to keep the fish from sliding off once its on the hook.

This is all good stuff to know. I am glad I read about it because i didnt know any of it. I am glad it talked about catching fish because i really wanted to know abaout that. I didnt know any of that stuff about fish hooks or poles. But it would be nice if you didnt have to worry about that and you had a fishing pole.

I had a good reaction to all this. This is all good to know and i am glad i read about it.I already knew the stuff about barbs though so that was a little boring. But it kept me interested because I like to fish. It is impossible not to get out if you are lost and you know all this. This book is great so far and I hope it stays good.

If you were lost in the woods how would you try to catch fish or would you even try?

No comments:

Post a Comment