Sunday, March 28, 2010

How to survive in the woods

I learned alot about cooking in this part of the book. You can make something called a clay oven. It is made in a bank of clay by putting a stick in the top and then digging a hole in the side to the desired size. When the hole is dug you take the stick out for the chimney. Then you start a fire and put rocks in it, when the rocks get very hot you put them in the oven and put green sticks over top of them and then put the meat over that. I also learned how to preserve meat. You can cut the meat into thin slices and hang them on a tree limb. THe sun will dry the meat after a little while and you can store it in a cool dry place like a cave. To keep the bugs off it you can cook it over flames for a couple minutes until it hardens on the outside.

This is really good to know if you are lost. You really need to know how to cook in te woods with nothing if you are lost. It is also good to know how to preserve meat if you kill a big animal like a deer there is alot of meat in them. It takes a long time to eat a whole deer or bear. You have to have somewhere to put what yo dont eat.

My reaction to this was good. I like the book so far it has been keeping me interested. It is nice to know this stuff in case i ever get lost in the woods and have to stay there overnight or longer. I am almost done with my book I guess thats good since its almost the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment